Exclusive Interview with Conor McGregor | UFC's The Ultimate Fighter

As Ultimate Fighting Championship’s longtime bad boy, Conor McGregor has had more than a few brushes with the police over the years. However, he’s always been to stay one step ahead of the law, while at the same time remaining one of the biggest draws in mixed martial arts history. But an incident with the NBA Finals might have seen the Irishmen finally run out of luck.

Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor via DAZN Boxing YouTube

McGregor is being accused of raping a woman at Game 4 of the NBA Finals earlier this month. The fighter immediately denied his accuser’s claims, but the story has picked up a lot of steam over the weekend. More details have emerged, including a video that shows an exchange between Conor McGregor and the alleged victim.

According to letters sent by attorney Ariel Mitchell to McGregor, the NBA, and the Miami Heat this week, the incident happened occurred after the Nuggets had defeated The Heat on June 9 at the Kaseya Center in Florida.

“Mr. McGregor, aided and abetted by the NBA and Miami Heat Kaseya security, had the victim physically forced via security into the men’s bathroom, separating her from her friend and trapping her inside with Mr. McGregor and his security guard,” the letters stated.

RELATED: Conor McGregor Answers Michael Chandler’s Claim That He Would Beat Him “Within An Inch Of His Career”

The attorney also purported to have video evidence that his client had been in contact with Conor McGregor at the game. That video has now become public.

“My client has always stated that there would be a video of before and after, and in those videos, she emphasized that the difference in the interactions between them would be visibly noticeable,” Mitchell said. “This again is another video that supports what my client has been saying and supports what she told the police since the inception of this incident.”

The National Basketball Association and the host team, Miami, have also released brief comments about the charges against the former UFC Champion.

RELATED: Conor McGregor Denies Assaulting Woman On His Yacht

The Miami Heat said Thursday that “We are aware of the allegations and are conducting a full investigation. Pending the outcome of the investigation, we will withhold further comment.”

NBA chief communications officer Mike Bass said in a statement: “We are aware of the allegations and are working with the team to gather more information.”

Conor McGregor had been looking to make a comeback to Ultimate Fighting Championship after a long layoff due to multiple injury issues. As one of the instructors on the series The Ultimate Fighter, he was looking to face opposing coach Michael Chandler sometime soon. However, that appears to be out of the question now, with the legendary star now set to fight his legal battles instead.

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz at UFC 279 via UFC-Ultimate Fighting Championship YouTube

As mentioned, McGregor’s rap sheet is pretty long already. Just earlier this year, he answered charges of assaulting a woman on his yacht. Prior to that, he’s had multiple traffic and assault-related run-ins with law enforcement.

And although The Notorious One stated that he was hoping to be in The Octagon at least twice in 2023, it’s looking more and more like he’ll be trying to avoid a cage of a different kind.

NEXT: Retired UFC Star Jorge Masvidal Reveals His Biggest Fight Payout On Tyreek Hill’s Podcast

More about: